What You Can Do:
- Free Use: Utilize Coverr.co's videos and music for both commercial and non-commercial purposes without any fee.
- No Mandatory Attribution: Attribution to the creator or Coverr.co is not required, but appreciated if done.
What You Can't Do:
- No Replication of Service: Avoid using our content to create similar or competing services.
- No AI Training or Datasets: Our content should not be used for training AI algorithms, creating AI models, or as datasets.
- Be Mindful of Rights: While we obtain model releases, we don't provide them to users. Please note, we don't hold releases for brands, trademarks, or recognizable properties and landmarks.
Your Responsibility: You're responsible for ensuring your use of the content is lawful and doesn't infringe on others' rights. When in doubt, it's wise to seek legal advice.
All videos and music tracks published on Coverr.co are available for free for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. You are not required to seek permission from or provide credit to the content creator or Coverr.co, although it is appreciated when possible.
Coverr.co grants you an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, perform, and use videos and music from Coverr.co for free, including for commercial purposes, without needing permission from or attributing the content creator or Coverr.co.
This license does not permit:
- Compiling videos or music from Coverr.co to create a similar or competing service.
- Using videos or music from Coverr.co for training AI algorithms, creating AI models, or as a dataset in any form.
- Utilizing trademarks, logos, or brands that appear in the videos or music tracks. Separate permission from the respective brand owners may be required for your intended use.
Releases and Trademarks:
- Legal Rights in Content: Other legal rights should be considered when using videos and music, especially for commercial purposes. This includes rights of privacy, publicity, access rights, trademarks, and copyright for what’s depicted within the content.
- Commercial Use Considerations: Recognizable individuals have rights related to commercial use of their image and likeness. Private properties and restricted areas may require specific releases for commercial uses. Objects and trademarks in the content may be protected and require permission for use.
- Content Uploads: While Coverr.co requires content uploaded to our platform to have the necessary releases, especially for identifiable individuals, we cannot guarantee the scope of permitted uses for each piece of content. Users are responsible for ensuring their intended use complies with all applicable laws and does not infringe on third-party rights.
It is the user's responsibility to ensure that their use of Coverr.co's videos and music complies with all applicable laws and regulations and does not infringe on the rights of any third party. Users should seek legal advice if uncertain about the legal implications of their intended use of a video or music track.
Changes to License Terms:
Coverr.co reserves the right to modify these license terms at any time. Continued use of the site and its content following any such changes constitutes acceptance of the new terms.
FAQs (AKA: Yeah, we get that a lot…)
Am I allowed to sell or redistribute the videos I download from Coverr?
So glad you asked! No you're not.
Coverr videos can't be resold or offered as part of services to which providing videos can help. This applies to stock video sites, website builders, themes providers, mobile apps builders and video editing services.
I saw a video from Coverr on another stock video site.
Well, that's not really a question. But, that does make sense. Coverr started as CC0 (no copyright reserved), so many stock sites took our videos and sold or gave them away on their sites. We've since decided to keep our videos free to use for commercial purposes as long as it's not by competitors. We put a lot of resources into bringing you these videos, so we've decided to offer them exclusively on our own site.
Do you have an API?
Yes, we do! Please check more details here.
Can I use a Coverr video for a commercial I'm making?
Of course you can, please do!
What's the format and quality of your videos?
All of our videos are HD in MP4 format. We sometimes also offer 4K quality, which you're able to download free as well.
How do I implement a Coverr as a background video?
Can we advertise on Coverr?
Let's talk! Check out our partners page here.
Why is Coverr spelled with two Rs?
Because Cover.com was taken.
How can I contribute a video?
Check out our contributors page here.
Why do I sometimes see Shutterstock videos on Coverr?
While we're constantly hiring contributors to add new videos, we don't always have the perfect video for every search query, so we supplement our catalog with Shutterstock's collection. Plus, it helps us keep the lights on :)
I have an interesting idea for collaboration, can I reach out?
Please do. Hit us up at [email protected]. We're fast repliers!
Tell me more about your mascots!
What can I do with stock footage?
What can't you do with it! Videos have been shown to increase engagement over photos, so consider a video the next time you want to add visual interest to a project. Think: b-roll footage to create seamless transitions, backgrounds for every environment (video conferencing, websites), footage for your next music video, promo ad, or social media post. The opportunities are endless.