WE DEFINE “PII” TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
Please also read the Coverr's Term of Use at: https://coverr.co/terms/, which describe the terms under which you use our Website.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Website, we may collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. For registration purposes and some of the features of the Services we ask you to provide certain personal information, including name and email address.
- Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communication to Coverr, we may retain those communications and the details therein. If you subscribed on the Website to receive our newsletter, we will use your name and e-mail address to send you our newsletters and other promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by unsubscribing.
- User Information. When you use the Website, we may automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, internet service provider, search history, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. Coverr uses such PII in order to understand the usage trends of our Website and improve it.
- Cookies. In order to collect the data described herein we may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser until it is closed, in order to manage and maintain the Website and record your use of the Website. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser. Most browsers may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Website if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Website to collect information. Web beacons or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used in our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Children. If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Website. Coverr will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Your Rights.
- Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to [email protected].
- Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
- If you want your account deleted please email us at [email protected].
Last Date Updated: April 14, 2019.